The Cisco 250 Series is the next generation of affordable smart switches that combine powerful network performance and reliability with the essential network management features you need for a solid business network. These expandable Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet switches provide basic management, security, and quality-of-service (QoS) features beyond those of an unmanaged or consumer-grade switch, at a lower cost than managed switches. And with an easy-to-use web user interface, Auto Smartports, and flexible Power over Ethernet (PoE) Plus capability, you can deploy and configure a complete business network in minutes.
Switching capacity and forwarding rate
Capacity in Millions of Packets per Second (mpps) (64-byte packets): 14.88
Switching Capacity in Gigabits per Second (Gbps): 20.0
802.3at PoE+ and 802.3af PoE delivered over any of the RJ-45 ports within the listed power budgets:
62W Power Dedicated to PoE
8 Ports That Support PoE
Green Power (mode): EEE, Energy Detect, Short Reach
System Power Consumption:
Power Consumption (with PoE):
8 x Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 Ports
2 x Combo Ports (RJ-45 + SFP)
USB slot: USB Type-A slot on the front panel of the switch for easy file and image management
Cabling type: Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Category 5 or better for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; UTP Category 5e or better for 1000BASE-T
LEDs: System, Link/Act, PoE, Speed
Flash: 256 MB
CPU: 800 MHz ARM
CPU memory: 512 MB
12 Mb Packet Buffer
● Easy configuration and management: Cisco 250 Series switches are designed to be easy to deploy and use by small businesses or the partners that serve them:
◦ Simple and advanced-mode graphic user interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network. Configuration wizards simplify the most common configuration tasks and provide the ultimate tool for anyone to set up and manage the network.
◦ The USB port on the front panel of the switch enables easy image and configuration transfer for faster deployment or upgrade.
◦ Cisco Smartports technology provides more advanced capabilities and hands-on control by automatically configuring ports with specific levels of security, QoS, and availability according to the type of connected device, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. The Auto Smartports feature automatically applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartports roles to the port based on the device types discovered over Cisco Discovery Protocol or LLDP-MED. This capability facilitates zero-touch deployments.
◦ Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) provides a simple configuration to take full advantage of redundant paths in the network and maximize network throughput.
◦ The Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility works through a simple toolbar on the user’s web browser to discover Cisco devices on the network and display basic device information, inventory, and new firmware updates to aid in the configuration and speed the deployment of Cisco Small Business products.
● Performance and reliability: Cisco 250 Series switches have been tested to deliver the high availability and performance you would expect from a Cisco switch and help you prevent costly downtime. The switches speed file transfer times, improve slow and sluggish networks, keep your vital business applications available, and help your employees respond more quickly to customers and each other. With a network based on Cisco 250 Series switches, you can address all of your business communications and connectivity needs and reduce the total cost of ownership of your technology infrastructure.
● Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): Cisco 250 Series switches are available with PoE+ on both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability simplifies the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions by allowing you to send data and power to network endpoints over the single network cable, eliminating the need for separate power supplies or outlets. PoE+ provides up to 30W of power per port, enabling deployments for 802.11ac wireless access points, pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) IP cameras, videophones, and thin client devices, delivering more flexibility and investment protection.
● PoE powered device and PoE pass-through: The 10-port compact models of Cisco 250 Series can work as PoE powered devices and draw power from upstream PoE switches in the wiring closet, simplifying the deployment in meeting rooms, classrooms, hotel rooms, and other flexible locations. Each switch can accept up to 60W of power per uplink port to power itself and pass through the power to the downstream PoE end devices if needed.
● Network security: Cisco 250 Series switches provide security and network management features you need to maintain a high level of security for your business, keep unauthorized users off the network, and protect your business data. The switches provide integrated network security to reduce the risk of a security breach, with IEEE 802.1X port security to control access to your network. Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention increases network uptime in the presence of an attack.
● IP telephony support: Cisco 250 Series switches include QoS features to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services.
● Networkwide automatic voice deployment: Using a combination of Cisco Discovery Protocol, LLDP-MED, Auto Smartports, and Voice Services Discovery Protocol (VSDP, a unique, patented Cisco protocol), customers can deploy an end-to-end voice network dynamically. The switches in the network automatically converge into a single voice VLAN and set of QoS parameters and then propagate them out to the phones on the ports where they are discovered. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
● IPv6 support: As the IP network addressing scheme evolves to accommodate more devices, you can have peace of mind that your network is ready. Cisco 250 Series switches provide native support for IPv6 alongside traditional IPv4. With USGv6 and IPv6 Gold Logo certifications, you can take full advantage of IPv6-enabled operating systems and applications in the future, without having to upgrade your network equipment.
● An energy-efficient solution: Cisco 250 Series switches are designed to be energy efficient and eco friendly without compromising performance. They help conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protect the environment and lowers your energy costs. Power-saving features include:
◦ Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
◦ Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
◦ Embedded intelligence to adjust power based on cable length
◦ Fanless design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation
◦ Ability to turn off LEDs to conserve power
● Expansion ports: The Cisco 250 Series provides more ports per switch than traditional switch models, giving you more flexibility to connect and empower your business. Gigabit Ethernet models feature 26- and 50-port switches, versus traditional devices that offer 20 or 44 ports with 4 shared ports. Fast Ethernet models are now available with 4 Gigabit ports for even more flexibility in deployment. The Cisco 250 Series also offers small form-factor pluggable (SFP) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switches, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment and to easily connect switches on different floors or across the business.
● Peace of mind and investment protection: Cisco 250 Series switches offer the reliable performance, investment protection, and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. When you invest in the Cisco 250 Series, you gain the benefits of:
◦ Cisco limited lifetime warranty to protect your investment
◦ Rigorous testing to help ensure easy integration and compatibility with other Cisco networking and communications products, including the complete Cisco Small Business portfolio
● Limited lifetime warranty: The Cisco 250 Series switches come with the Cisco limited lifetime hardware warranty, with return-to-factory replacement, software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term, and 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase.
● World-class support: To extend the support coverage beyond the warranty provisions, choose Cisco Smart Net Total Care™, which helps you get the most value from Cisco Small Business solutions, providing peace of mind at an affordable price. Cisco Smart Net Total Care provides a single service platform for all Cisco networking products. With global coverage, flexible contract terms, and multiple advance hardware replacement options, this comprehensive service includes software upgrades, access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and extended telephone and online chat support.
● Multiple language options: The Cisco 250 Series switches are available in multiple languages. Product documentation and user interfaces are translated, giving you the ability to select your preferred language.
Power: 100–240V 50–60 Hz, internal, universal
280 x 44 x 170 mm
Cisco 250 Series Smart Switches.pdf
Quick Start Guide
Виж още Суич Cisco
|Максимална скорост:||1000 Mbps|
Добави Ревю / Въпрос